Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Love is in the Air...

Love in creeping in and I love it! January is a bleek month, so to get me happy I already put up my Valentine's Day decor. I've had fun making new things too. As I finish more projects I will update this post, so check back for more lovey-dovey things.
I hope you enjoy this walk through my house...

I'll start with my pride and joy for this year. I love how this glitter/burlap banner came out. As many of you know, burlap is all the rage right now. I like it, espeically for banners, but I don't love it. It's too stinky, but I guess that's what you get for $2-3 a yard! :)

I love the roughness of the burlap and twine with the fanciness of the glitter. I think it's a good balance.

I made it by using my cricut to cut out a stencil out of freezer paper. Then, after ironing it on the burlap I used white glue and spread it on the stencil instead of paint. Then I sprinkled it with glitter. Waited a minute and then ripped my stencil off. Pretty simple, right?!

Here's some made the same way, just using paint.


I got these letters at a garage sale for $.25 forever ago. They were a pinkish-red with a a nasty wook rose on them. I rip the rose off and mod podged them (one of my first attempts). I still hated them. Well, this year I am definately into glitter, so I thought...

Glitter makes everything better! I love the rough edges with it. Much improved don't ya think?!

Looks pretty good altogether I think!

I've seen words framed before....so I got thinking. I have a frame, I have some things....and this is what I came up with. I love it! and best of all it was FREE!


Sometimes I just buy things because they're cheap, or on sale, or just because they're cute. I don't always have a plan for them. This works most of the time, like these for example. I loved them and so I decided to string them on my curtain rod. I LOVE them. You could make your own for cheap, I just really liked the metal look.


I have loved stringing something around my lamp for each holiday. I think it's cute. For Christmas I had Holly there.












I found these gems at WalMart last year for $.50. I love them. I don't know if they are made to be door hangers, but that's what I took them for! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment