Friday, September 18, 2009

Halloween Jar Candle Holders

So here are my tissue paper on glass jar candle holders. I LOVE lOvE LoVe them! I took the idea from here.

...and with my neighbor we expanded on the idea. That's the best way to do it. Her husband suggested we do a Frankenstein and then I figured, why not a spider too?! They both turned out super cute, but I definitely need to redo my spider.

The pipe cleaner legs need to be hot glued to the bottom, not the sides, and you need to only put ONE layer of black tissue paper on it so it can actually shine some light through.


All the faces are just paper mod-podged on. The bodies are colored tissue paper cut in random pieces.
Frankenstein is a pace salsa jar with green and black tissue paper. His face and head thingies are black paper and his mouth and stitches are embroidery thread.
The spider is a tostitos dip jar covered in black tissue paper. His eyes and mouth are white paper and his legs are pipe cleaner.
The ghost is a pear jar (from the cannery), white tissue paper and a black paper face.
The pumpkin is a jam jar, orange tissue paper, and a black face.
Just get your tissue and get mod-podging! Be careful not to hold in one place. The tissue paper will come off in your grip while it's still wet. On the top and bottom go over and past the edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment